Zatanna as she appears in Injustice: Gods Among Us.
137 lbs (62 kg)
"Prepare to be astounded!"
Zatanna is a playable character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. She is the sixth and final DLC character and costs $4.99 on the PlayStation Store or 400 Microsoft Points, and she's included, along with the other DLC characters as part of the Ultimate Edition. Her official release date was August 13th. She is a Gadget User.
Daughter of John Zatara, Zatanna is a member of the mystic tribe of sorcerers called the Hidden Ones. Now a member of Justice League Dark, Zatanna protects the Earth from various occult threats.
Powers and Abilities
Zatanna is one of the most powerful practitioners of magic seen in Injustice. Speaking her spells as backwards words, Zatanna can cast illusions, manipulate elements, and even manipulate reality on a small scale allowing for teleportation or instant creation of several magical themed items, ranging from razor sharp throwing hoop discs, playing cards, and even her wand and Sargon's hat. Zatanna is not limited to using magic only in a fight, and possesses some hand-to-hand combat training, typically preferring kicks.
Zatanna can use her magic to temporarily take control of her opponent, forcing their body to obey her whims, but if she is attacked or her focused interrupted, her spell can broken. This applies to all of Zatanna's spells, for if her concentration is broken, the magic is dispelled. Zatanna can also only cast a single spell at a time due to the nature of her casting requiring her to say her spells.
- Erif Ssik (Fire Kiss): Erif Ssik is a flaming kiss that burns any opponent close enough to feel it's heat. The Meter Burn version creates a massive ball of mystical flame that travels forward for short time. Pressing back plus Meter Burn quickly after doing the attack's input, creates a massive ball of mystical flame that travels slowly forward for a short time. Pressing forward plus Meter Burn quickly after doing the attack's input, creates a massive ball of mystical flame that travels quickly forward for a short time.
- Gniknil Sgnir (Linking Rings): Gniknil Sgnir hurls a ring of metal encased in mystical energy that travels full screen. Pressing up quickly after doing the attack's input, hurls a ring of metal encased in mystical energy that travels upward. Pressing down quickly after doing the attack's input, hurls a ring of metal encased in mystical energy that travels downward. The Meter Burn version links multiple rings into a single, damaging projectile.
- Tropelet Ni Tnorf (Teleport In Front): Tropelet Ni Tnorf teleports Zatanna in front of her opponent. Pressing forward quickly after doing the attack's input, teleports Zatanna behind her opponent. Pressing back quickly after doing the attack's input, teleports Zatanna away from her opponent. Pressing down quickly after doing the attack's input, attempts to confuse opponents by disappearing and reappearing in place. The Meter Burn version allows Zatanna to recover faster when coming out of her teleport.
- (Air) Arataz Evid (Zatara Dive): The Arataz Evid is a dive kick that hits up to 3 times. The Meter Burn version brings Zatanna to the ground earlier allowing for a follow-up attack or combo.
- Itlum Kcik (Multi Kick): Itlum Kcik sends Zatanna towards her opponent with a flurry of kicks. The Meter Burn version preforms additional, rapid-fire kicks that launch the opponent.
- Teppup Retsam (Puppet Master): Zatanna casts a potent spell on her opponent, reversing their controls for a short period of time. The Meter Burn takes control of the opponent's body and walks them harmlessly towards Zatanna.
- Ekoms Dna Srorrim (Smoke And Mirrors): Ekoms Dna Srorrim is a spell that slits Zatanna into multiple versions of herself, forcing the opponent to guess which clone is real. Zatanna becomes the center clone during Ekoms Dna Srorrim. Pressing forward quickly after doing the attack's input, makes Zatanna become the front clone during Ekoms Dna Srorrim. Pressing back quickly after doing the attack's input, makes Zatanna become the back clone during Ekoms Dna Srorrim.
- Etativel (Levitate): Etativel stops Zatanna in place while jumping allowing her to hover for a short duration. Zatanna can preform Tropelet Ni Tnorf, Tropelet Dniheb, or Tropelet Tnief while hovering.
- Ytfif Owt Pukcip (Fifty Two Pickup): Ytfif Owt Pukcip launches an entire deck of cards at the opponent for a medium range attack.
- Thgiarts Cigam (Straight Magic): Thgiarts Cigam unleashes a straight blast of magical energy that travels the length of the arena. Sargon's Hat Stance only.
- Drawpu Cigam (Upward Magic): Drawpu Cigam unleashes a blast of magic upwards that is useful to strike down airborne opponents. Sargon's Hat Stance only.
- Dnuorg Cigam (Ground Magic): Dnuorg Cigam unleashes a blast of magic that travels across the floor.
- Cigam Rallip (Magic Pillar): Cigam Rallip is a spell that creates a rising pillar of magic that erupts from under the opponent, blasting them in the air. Sargon's Hat Stance only.
- Brosba (Absorb): Brosba creates a magical portal capable of absorbing her opponent's projectile attacks. Sargon's Hat Stance only.
- Gninthgil Dor (Lightning Rod): Gninthgil Dor is a powerful incantation that encases Zatanna in a field of pure electricity, blasting back her opponent. Sargon's Hat Stance only.
- Grab: Zatanna grabs her opponent, and makes a big metal ring appear above them, and drops it down on them. The ring makes them disappear, and Zatanna makes them reappear in the air, making them fall helplessly to the ground.
Sargon's Hat Stance: Zatanna puts on her hat and takes out her wand, completely changing her fighting style. This has a limited duration and is cancelled when damage is taken or the time runs out. Also, Zatanna cannot jump, dash, crouch, or block while this is in effect but meter is built up really fast. Zatanna gains access to new normal and new special moves in this stance.
- Avrah KaDabra: Zatanna pulls out her wand and casts a spell that surrounds her opponent in a dark blue vortex and lifts him/her into the air. Zatanna then flies up to the opponent and creates a glowing ankh, (using magical hand movement[s]), casts magical energy from the glowing ankh, then the magic energy traps him/her in a golden glowing, diamond-shaped prison. She says an enchantment, flips the prison upside down and sends it hurling toward the ground.
Zatanna is wearing a magician coat that is black on the outside and red on the inside. Underneath she has on a white button-up shirt. Zatanna wears fishnets on her legs and also has high heel boots. Zatanna's hair is brown and she puts on her classic black hat upon activating her Character Trait.
- "Prepare to be astounded!" - Intro
- "Magic is as easy as 1...2...3!" - Outro
- "Believe in magic yet?" - After performing MB Teppup Retsam
- "That was amazing." - Occasionally after performing a grab on various characters
- "Meh, you're alright." - Occasionally after performing a grab on various characters
- "Gotta love magic, huh Bruce?" - Occasionally after performing a grab on Batman
- "Lighten up, Dark Knight" - Occasionally after performing a grab on Batman
- "It's not magic." - After winning a round
- "I love magic." - After winning a round
- "Never mess with a magical chick." - After winning a round
- "Think I'll turn you into a newt!" - Clash with any character
- "Presto! You lose!" - Clash with any character
- "Wanna see a trick?" - Clash with any character
- "What a whackjob." - Clash with any character
- "This lady will saw you in half."- Clash with any character
- "Thgif siht esol" ("Lose this fight!") - Clash with any character
- "Guess I thought you'd forgive me." - Clash with Batman
- "Break for smoothies?" - Clash with Batman
- "Hope you know your blood type." - Clash with The Flash
- "Calm down Mister!" - Clash with The Flash
- "Not until I say so!" - Clash with Batman
- "A girl can crush on you." - Clash with Batman
- "You say the sweetest things." - Clash with Batman
- "Do you have a cold?" - Clash with The Flash
- "Ooh, big man." - Clash with The Flash
- "Little late for that!" - Clash with The Flash
- Zatanna is voiced by Lacey Chabert, who voiced Zatanna in Young Justice.
- It was revealed by Ed Boon on Twitter that Zatanna won the unofficial poll, followed closely by Static.
- Zatanna's facial appearance in Injustice: Gods Among Us bears a great resemblance to her voice actress Lacey Chabert.
- Zatanna was originally placed on the villain side roster of the Character Select screen. The Injustice Game Patch 1.06 released on October 1, 2013 moved Zatanna to the heroes side roster by having her switch places with Scorpion.
- Her clash quote, "Think I'll turn you into a newt!" is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail (He got better).