Swamp Thing is a plant elemental and protector of the Earth. He is a playable character in Injustice 2 and a featured character in the Year Three comic series.
Dr. Alec Holland was a brilliant chemist and botanist who created a formula to stimulate hormonal growth in plant life. When Alec was working in his lab in Louisiana, he was killed by terrorists and after he died, his body was exposed to the formula and Alec was resurrected as a living elemental known as Swamp Thing, protector of the Green.
Powers and Abilities
Being the Avatar of the Green, Swamp Thing has complete control over plant life that surrounds him. He is a user of chlorokinesis, as such he is able to affect plant growth, and make all types of plant life do his bidding. His body is composed of stem cells that are plant-based, which allows him to morph his body into any living type of plant; growing wooden branches, vines, and logs out of his framework. He also has the ability to enlarge himself and his limbs exponentially, making himself gargantuan-sized.
However, being connected to all plant life on Earth, Swamp thing is also effectively immortal, any amount of plant life on the planet serves as a vessel for Swamp Thing's conscience. Swamp Thing's strength level is directly connected to plant life and Earth, to which he is able to contain that strength within his body. As such, he can lift large weights of mass much heavier than his original body weight. He also has the use of his wings, consisting of plant material, which gives him the ability of flight. Swamp Thing, however, does have weaknesses to fire and to poison, as he is an Avatar of the Green. Swamp Thing is also an intelligent chemist and botanist and when he was Alec Holland, he created the Bio-Restorative Formula which was designed to stimulate hormonal growth in plant life, enabling plants to grow in hostile terrain.
- Spine Blast: Launch a salvo of spines. Meter burn for 5 spines in rapid succession. (IJ2—Ability)
- Bonsai: Extends a plant in front of Swamp Thing at an angle. Meter burn for a second plant. (IJ2—Ability)
- Sinking Slough: Replaces Swamp Thing’s character power with a teleport. Requires both ability slots. (IJ2—Ability)
- Trunk Punch Pull: After landing the Trunk Punch, Swamp Thing reaches out to grab and pull in the victim. (IJ2—Ability)
- Wonderous Meadow: Swamp Thing spawns a larger initial patch of growth at the beginning of Abigail’s Garden. Adds Abigail’s Garden meter burn. (IJ2—Ability)
- Swamp Juice: Swamp Thing gains the ability to regenerate his Swamp Life Meter during Green Thumb. Adds Swamp Juice. (IJ2—Ability)
- Air Dash: Swamp Thing gains the ability to air dash with his wings after completing all the requirements for his legendary multiverse. (IJ2—Ability)
- Abigail's Garden: Leaves a path of grass and thorns that increases in length as Swamp Thing moves forward, once the opposing fighter is in the trap, they begin to take damage overtime.
- Green Kingdom - Swamp Thing sinks his arms to the ground, only for them to resurface underneath the opponent, pulling them below the surface. The opponent then bounces off the ground, to which then enlarged hands of Swamp Thing emerge, pummelling the opponent into the stone walls. The hands then grab the opponent, then spread the opponent's back across the pointy rock, possibly breaking it. A gigantic hand then emerges from the bottom to lift the opponent back up to the surface, then slams them back down to the ground.
|Vine Slap||[ ■ ]||[ X ]|
|Marsh Smash||[ ▲ ]||[ Y ]|
|Trunk Punch||[ X ]||[ A ]|
|Swamp Stomp||[ ← + ■ ]||[ ← + X ]|
|Shoulder Spikes||[ ← + ▲ ]||[ ← + Y ]|
|Log Smash||[ ← + X ]||[ ← + A ]|
|Branch Bash||[ → + ▲ ]||[ → + Y ]|
|Log Slam||[ → + X ]||[ → + A ]|
|Low Swipe||[ ↓ + ■ ]||[ ↓ + X ]|
|Rising Water||[ ↓ + ▲ ]||[ ↓ + Y ]|
|Vine Swipe||[ ↓ + X ]||[ ↓ + A ]|
|Larix Strike||[ ↑ + ■ ]||[ ↑ + X ]|
|Branch Slam||[ ↑ + ▲ ]||[ ↑ + Y ]|
|Jump Tree||[ ↑ + X ]||[ ↑ + A ]|
|Forward/Reverse Throw||[ ← / → ■ + X ]||[ ← / → X + A ]|
|Back Throw||[ ■ + X ]||[ X + A ]|
|Roll Escape||[ → → R2 ]||[ → → RT ]|
|Up Air Escape||[ ↑ + R2 ]||[ ↑ + RT ]|
|Away Air Escape||[ ← + R2 ]||[ ← + RT ]|
|Dark Genesis||[ ■, ■ ]||[ X, X ]|
|Deep Roots||[ ■, ■, X ]||[ X, X, A ]|
|Marsh March||[ ← + ■, Y ]||[ ← + X, Y ]|
|Throwing Shade||[ ▲, ■ ]||[ Y, X ]|
|Regenesis||[ ▲, ■, X ]||[ Y, X, A ]|
|Bad Seed||[ ← + ▲, ▲ ]||[ ← + Y, Y ]|
|Bogged Down||[ ← + ▲, ▲, X ]||[ ← + Y, Y, A ]|
|Double Trouble||[ ← + ▲, X ]||[ ← + Y, A ]|
|Family Tree||[ ← + ▲, X , ▲ ]||[ ← + Y, A, Y ]|
|Earth To Earth||[ ← + ▲, X , ▲ , X ]||[ ← + Y, A, Y, A ]|
|Parliament of Trees||[ → + ▲, X ]||[ → + Y, A ]|
|Killing Field||[ → + ▲, X, X ]||[ → + Y, A, A ]|
|Green Thumb||[ ↓ , → , ▲ ]||[ ↓ , → , Y ]|
|Spiked Palm (Green Thumb)||[ ■ ]||[ X ]|
|Stump Bump (Green Thumb)||[ ▲ ]||[ Y ]|
|Up Rooted (Green Thumb)||[ X ]||[ A ]|
|Refoliation||[ ↓ , ← , ▲ ]||[ ↓ , ← , Y ]|
|Log Kick||[ ↓ , ← , ■ ]||[ ↓ , ← , X ]|
|Vine Grab||[ ↓ , → , ■ ]||[ ↓ , → , X ]|
|Close Vine Grab||[ ↓ , → , ■ ]||[ ↓ , → , X , ← ]|
|Far Vine Grab||[ ↓ , → , ■ , → ]||[ ↓ , → , X , → ]|
|Up Vine Grab||[ ↓ , → , ■ , ↑ ]||[ ↓ , → , X , ↑ ]|
|Bayou Bash||[ ← , → , X ]||[ ← , → , A ]|
|Bio-Fission||[ ↓ , ← , X ]||[ ↓ , ← , A ]|
|Green Kingdom||[ L2 + R2 ]||[ LT + RT ]|
Many throughout history have underestimated the Green. In this way, Brainiac was no different than Superman or Batman. They all thought they could improve upon nature. They all were wrong. Earth belonged to the Green for eons before animals evolved. Now, the trees and plants will remind these animals upon whose planet they reside. When the next crisis comes, nature will protect itself. I stand with the Green, and the Green alone.
Swamp Thing is a large humanoid being completely composed of green plant matter, swamp moss. He lacks a nose and has blazing red eyes.
To the right is the base skin for Swamp Thing, Guardian of the Green. He is wearing his default gear. The remainder of his costumes can be found on his gallery page.
|Injustice: Gods Among Us||Aquaman • Ares • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Catwoman • Cyborg • Deathstroke • Doomsday • Flash • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Hawkgirl • Joker • Killer Frost • Lex Luthor • Nightwing • Raven • Shazam • Sinestro • Solomon Grundy • Superman • Wonder Woman|
|DLC Characters||Batgirl • Lobo • Martian Manhunter • Scorpion • Zatanna • Zod|
|Injustice 2||Aquaman • Atrocitus • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Black Canary • Blue Beetle • Brainiac • Captain Cold • Catwoman • Cheetah • Cyborg • Deadshot • Doctor Fate • Flash • Firestorm • Gorilla Grodd • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Joker • Poison Ivy • Robin • Scarecrow • Supergirl • Superman • Swamp Thing • Wonder Woman|
|DLC/Preorder Characters||Black Manta • Darkseid • Hellboy • Raiden • Red Hood • Starfire • Sub-Zero|