Reverse Flash, a.k.a Professor Zoom, is a premier skin for The Flash in Injustice 2, and also appearing in the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us, achieved by online battles. He is classified as a Gadget user. Reverse Flash relies entirely upon his speed to fight, literally running circles around slower opponents.
Eobard Thawne was a fan of Flash's from the future, who replicated the same experiment that gave Flash his powers. After traveling back and learning of his destiny as the Flash's nemesis, he sought to ruin Barry's life, due in part to the fact he cannot kill him without creating a time paradox. One of the worst acts he committed was killing Barry's mother.
He is trapped in the past because the Regime killed one of his ancestors, and he joined Grodd's Society in vengeance.
With help from Deadshot and Captain Cold, he attempted to kill Barry and he pursues him across the country. He manages to catch up to him in Gotham City. Flash asks why Reverse Flash doesn't go back to his time, he responds that since his ancestor was killed by the Regime, he cannot return to his time. He then fights him, but he fails and runs off.
He is later seen with Captain Cold fighting Wonder Woman, however, he becomes frozen when he is inadvertently hit by a cold blast from Captain Cold. When Captain Cold is defeated, he manages to free himself and fights Wonder Woman, but is defeated.
He, along with the other members of the Society, disband when he realizes that Brainiac will destroy the Earth, rather than let them conquer it.
- His voice actor Liam O'Brien previously voiced him from LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
- The Eobard's ancestor having been killed is a possible reference to The Flash. Where his ancestor committed suicide to stop him.
- However, the effects are quite different. As in that show, that erased Eobard from existence (instead of trapping him in the past), save a few time remnants to keep his impact on the timeline stable.
- Reverse Flash and Grid are the only premiere skins to be in story mode.
- Though the Reverse Flash in Injustice 2 is Eobard Thawne, he makes a reference to his successor, Hunter Zolomon, in a conversation with Starfire, who tells him to stay away from Wally West. Reverse Flash responds "show me a hero, I'll show you a tragedy." In the comics, Zolomon desires to make Wally West a better hero by putting him through tragedy.
|Injustice 2||Bizarro • Black Lightning • Grid • Jay Garrick • John Stewart • Mr. Freeze • Power Girl • Reverse Flash • Vixen|