Raised on Azarath, Raven is the daughter of the Demon Trigon and the human Arella. Half human, half demon, Raven struggles to keep her demonic side under control. She vows to stop her father's desire to conquest.
Once Superman’s government assumed control over Earth, Raven gave in to her demonic desires. She now enjoys meting out Superman’s harsh brand of justice and punishment.
Raven answers Wonder Woman's call for heroes at the Watchtower. She and Nightwing exchange glances when Wonder Woman makes a speech about how no one was untouched by the tragedy of Metropolis and that there are heroes who no longer stand with them.
Raven appears when Mirror Master attempts to escape into his mirror dimension. She forces him out, her face demonically contorted as she pushes Mirror Master halfway out, allowing him to be interrogated by the Flash and Wonder Woman.
Raven is seen intervening in a war between two nomadic tribes in Sudan. She summons the image of her father Trigon to end the conflict by terrifying them into surrender.
Raven is among the gathered Justice League as Luthor presents the finished enhancement pill.
Raven, along with several other members of the Justice League, appears before the United Nations as Superman announces his intentions to hunt down Batman before unveiling his new army.
Though she does not appear physically, Zatanna mentions in that Superman is having Raven scour several magical dimensions in his hunt for Batman.
Constantine captured Raven at some point and trapped in her a mystical seal inside a church in Gotham. Constantine later shows both Batman and Detective Chimp her location, with Constantine's reasons being in case something were to happen to him. Raven tries to threaten Constantine by saying, "When my father comes--" but the mage simply retorts that her father will come when he calls.
Raven is still bound in Gotham City when she spots a cat nearby. Though momentarily surprised, Raven calls the cat over, causing it to accidentally knock over one of the candles that line the seal binding her. Triumphant, Raven projects her astral form and escapes.
Seeking Superman out, Raven finds him alongside the Spectre in the upper atmosphere. Though Raven tries to approach the Man of Steel, the Spectre mistakes her reasons and unleashes a stream of emerald light on her, harming Raven's astral form. Superman stops the Spectre and a weary Raven manages to tell Superman of her captors, Batman and Constantine, before quickly realizing her window is closing and the seal is being repaired. Before she is pulled back to her binding place, Raven manages to show Superman where she is bound before being pulled back, desperately crying out to Superman to save her.
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Raven first appears during the attack on the Watchtower, protecting Nightwing from Lex Luthor's missiles. After telling Luthor she hates him more than violence, she teleports away from his laser and fights him in the background.
Just before Batman teleports to the Watchtower, she is seen attacking Catwoman with blasts of demonic energy. After Batman defeats Bane and Lex Luthor, she opens a portal to Arkham Asylum, through which Nightwing escorts Bane, Solomon Grundy, and Catwoman.
In an alternate universe, many of Ravens comrades were killed in the destruction of Metropolis. The variety of negative emotions felt by Raven caused her to embrace her demonic side, and eventually, her father Trigons influence. She now works with the Regime in an effort to pave the way for her fathers invasion force. Raven is first seen with Cyborg, vengefully torturing Deathstroke in the Ferris Aircraft Facility. She offers Slade amnesty, but continues to torment him when he refuses. Green Lantern immediately intervenes. Raven recognizes him to be Hal Jordan, but senses he is of a different universe. She then uses Deathstroke's pain to attack Green Lantern, which he overcomes with a blast of energy that sends Cyborg flying back. Raven attempts to arrest Green Lantern, but is defeated along with Cyborg.
Later, during the battle on Stryker's Island, Raven demonically possesses Green Arrow and attacks Insurgency Batman. After being defeated as Green Arrow, Raven returns to her normal form and attempts to attack Insurgency Batman with a giant crow she conjured with her magic. Just before it can attack Insurgency Batman, the mainstream Batman knocks Raven out, dispersing her monstrous creation.
Raven is present during the Regime meeting at the Fortress of Solitude. When Superman decides to destroy Metropolis and Gotham in an act of power, he assigns Raven and Cyborg to broadcast the event on all radios and televisions.
Raven last appears in Wonder Woman's chapter, teleporting to Themyscira as Wonder Woman and Ares are discussing Regime Superman's plan. After ridiculing Ares' choice to side with the Insurgents, Wonder Woman tells Raven she is aware of her true loyalty: her father, Trigon. Raven informs Wonder Woman that Regime Superman's victory will hasten her father's return, "and all shall bow before him," before attacking Wonder Woman. She is subdued.
Although Raven is not seen being arrested along with the other Regime members, it is implied, as all other Regime members were caught or turned themselves in.
Powers and Abilities
Raven is the half-demon child of the demonic overlord, Trigon, and as such is one of the more powerful magical users seen in Injustice. Raven can manipulate dark streams of magic for various uses, such as conjuring barriers to absorb or reflect projectile attacks sent at her, shoot blasts of dark magic at her enemy, and use telekinesis to contort and control her opponent's body to her whim. As an empath, Raven can also sense and absorb her opponent's emotions to draw further strength for herself while weakening them, or even gain total control over their body and mind, controlling their actions and even speaking through them.
When Raven enters her "Demon Stance", she gains further power by calling upon her father Trigon, and gains the ability to teleport in a mass of astral ravens, enhances her telekinesis by combining it with her dark magics, and even summon lesser demons into battle.
- Empty Void: Raven summons a barrier of dark magic in front of herself, which absorbs any projectile sent at her. The Meter Burn version has Raven reflect the projectile back at her opponent.
- Soul Crush: Raven summons dark magic around her hands and telekinetically contorts her opponent into a painful ball. The Meter Burn version causes an explosion of dark magic at the end of the attack.
- Singularity: Using her telekinesis, Raven lifts her enemy into the air before slamming them back down to the ground. The Meter Burn version causes her opponent to bounce.
- Shadow Raven: Raven fires a dark ball of magic at her opponent.
- Event Horizon: Only available in her Demon Stance, Raven draws her opponent towards her with telekinesis before shoving them back with a palm thrust empowered by magic. The Meter Burn version has Raven summon a claw of dark magic to grasp her opponent's face, leaving them momentarily vulnerable.
- Negative Mass: Only available in her Demon Stance, Raven conjures a beam of dark magic from under her opponent. Can be done from mid, to far and close ranges. The Meter Burn version causes a demon to rise out of the ground to uppercut her opponent after the beam hits them.
- Dark Transmission: Only available in her Demon Stance, Raven teleports in the image of a flock of ravens, reappearing in front of or behind her opponent. Can be done in the air.
Demon Stance: Demon Stance allows Raven to manifest the power of her Soul-Self, which is an ability that replaces and unlocks additional Special Moves for a limited amount of time. This happens when she utters the word "Azarath", or says, "Darkness take you." In her Regime costume, she says, "Now I unleash Hell!" or "Feel Trigon's might!"
- Grab: Raven grabs her opponent with dark magic and using her telekinesis, flings them into the air and behind her, before slamming them down on the ground.
- Deadly Sin: Raven teleports her opponent to a dark dimension where she summons three demons to attack her enemy. She then summons Trigon to attack by shooting burning rays from his eyes which takes the fight back to the original arena that the player started on.
- Raven Poke - [ L ]
- Raven Claw - [ M ]
- Forest Raven - [ H ]
- Sweeping Strike - [ ← + L ]
- Clawing Strike - [ ← + M ]
- Tourniquet - [ ← + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ ← ← + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Twisting Talon - [ → + L ]
- Slashing Claw - [ → + M ]
- Linking Talon - [ → + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ → → + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Low Strike - [ ↓ + L ]
- Wingspan - [ ↓ + M ]
- Raven Slash - [ ↓ + H ]
- Perching Prey - [ L ]
- Raven's Strife - [ M ]
- Raven's Fury - [ H ]
- Forward / Reverse Throw - [ ← / → L + H ]
- Midnight - [ L , L ]
- Black Rose - [ L , L , → + M ]
- Blood Moon - [ L , L , ← + M ]
- Darkness Falls - [ L , L , H ]
- Phantom Cloak - [ → + L , H ]
- Tears of Sorrow - [ ← + L , M ]
- Stonehenge - [ ← + L , M , H ]
- Silent Vesper - [ M, M ]
- Blackest Night - [ M , M , H ]
- Twilight's End - [ ← + M , H ]
- Titan Trash - [ → + M , M , M ]
- Forever Dust - [ → + M , M , H , H ]
- Second Life - [ → + M , M , ↑ + L ]
- Empty Void - [ ↓ , ← , L ]
- Soul Crush - [ ↓ , → , M ]
- Singularity - [ ↓ , ← , M ]
- Shadow Raven - [ ↓ , → , L ]
- Event Horizon ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , ← , M ]
- Negative Mass ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , → , L ]
- Close Negative Mass ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , → , L , ← ]
- Far Negative Mass ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , → , L , → ]
- Front Dark Transmission ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , → , H ] ( Ground and Air )
- Behind Dark Transmission ( Demon Stance ) - [ ↓ , ← , H ] ( Ground and Air )
EndingWinning the battle with Superman cost Raven dearly. The amount of demonic energy required overwhelmed her. After regaining consciousness, she looked around warily. Her immediate surroundings were a hellish ruin. Nearby stood her father, Trigon. Raven had somehow called him forth during her battle. Trigon thanked his daughter. He then summoned an army of demons and set out to destroy the rest of the planet.
- "I detest violence, Luthor, but I'm even less fond of you."
- "Yes you are. I can feel it."
- "This is your final chance to accept the High Councillor's amnesty, Deathstroke..."
- "Something's not right...He's Hal Jordan. Yet..."
- "You feel his pain? Not yet..."
- "Enough. Whoever you are...
- "You're under arrest."
- "Ares aids the Insurgents... As a strategist, he's no Athena."
- "I serve both. Superman's victory shall hasten my father's return."
- "And all shall bow before him."
- "You are a fool!" - Intro
- "This is no game." - Outro
- "Darkness take me!"
- "Darkness take you!"
- "Feel Trigon's might!"
- "Now I unleash hell!"
- "This is your fate!" - Occasionally after a throw
- "No mercy!" - Occasionally after a throw
- "Do not try me." - After winning a Round
- "You cannot win." - After winning a Round
- "I will amplify your pain!" - Clash with any Character
- "Your emotions power me." - Clash with any Character
- "Welcome to your nightmare." - Clash with any Character
- "I know you." - Clash with any Character
- "Your weapons are worthless." - Clash with any Character
- "Toys can't save you." - Clash with any Gadget User
- "No more terrorism." - (Regime) Clash with Batman
- "Do you know the trouble you found?" - (Regime) Clash with Batman
- "I'm in no mood, Victor." - Clash with Cyborg
- "I feel your doubts." - Clash with Deathstroke
- "You will know fear." - Clash with Deathstroke
- "Don't push it, Dick Grayson!" - Clash with Nightwing
- "You will feel pain!" - Clash with (Regime) Nightwing
- "Let's go see him." - Clash with Batman
- "I'm quite at home in the dark." - Clash with Cyborg
- "Finished with you, Victor!" - (Regime) Clash with (Regime) Cyborg
- "You forced my hand." - Clash with Deathstroke
- "Bold words for the weak man." - (Regime) Clash with Deathstroke
- "I can read your misgivings." - Clash with Nightwing
- "Your anger makes you careless." - Clash with (Regime) Nightwing
Raven has a ragged cloak with a peaked hood. The cloak is held up by a chain and a yellow amulet on her chest. She wears a blue one-piece leotard with black lacing on her mid-torso, sides, and neck. She wears metallic gauntlets on her forearms and claws on her thumb, pointer, and middle finger. She also has metallic accessories that hang from her hips and thigh-high black and blue boots.
Raven has a larger, feathered purple cloak and peaked hood. Her skin is now red and her face has blue stripes. She wears a purple leotard and has black bands wrapped around her right arm and legs. She also has fingerless purple gloves without the claws on her three fingers. She has two straps on her solar plexus and two gold buttons on her chest to support her cloak.
- Tara Strong previously voiced Raven in Teen Titans, and currently voices the character in Teen Titans Go!. Despite this, Raven's voice in Injustice: Gods Among Us sounds very different from her voice in Teen Titans.
- Raven was briefly heard during the Green Lantern trailer, where her voice more closely resembled her voice in Teen Titans.
- Raven was revealed in a screenshot fighting alongside Catwoman and Nightwing in the Official Xbox Magazine on January 19, 2013.
- When Raven is in Demon Stance, the damage on her skin changes to yellow.
|Injustice: Gods Among Us||Aquaman • Ares • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Catwoman • Cyborg • Deathstroke • Doomsday • Flash • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Hawkgirl • Joker • Killer Frost • Lex Luthor • Nightwing • Raven • Shazam • Sinestro • Solomon Grundy • Superman • Wonder Woman|
|DLC Characters||Batgirl • Lobo • Martian Manhunter • Scorpion • Zatanna • Zod|
|Injustice 2||Aquaman • Atrocitus • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Black Canary • Blue Beetle • Brainiac • Captain Cold • Catwoman • Cheetah • Cyborg • Darkseid • Deadshot • Doctor Fate • Flash • Firestorm • Gorilla Grodd • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Joker • Poison Ivy • Robin • Scarecrow • Supergirl • Superman • Swamp Thing • Wonder Woman|
|DLC/Preorder Characters||Darkseid • Red Hood • Starfire • Sub-Zero|