Hellboy is a playable guest character who appears in Injustice 2. He is available through DLC as part of Fighter Pack 2.
As a member of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, Hellboy has defended the world from fiends, witches, demons, and more than a few Lovecraftian Gods. With his trusty revolver and his Right Hand of Doom, Hellboy has made monster disposal his specialty.
Hellboy serves as a downloadable character as part of Fighter Pack 2.
Powers and Abilities
While fighting Hellboy uses his revolver as well as an assortment of specialist grenades and magical relics; but his the majority of his attacks are based on 'the Right Hand of Doom' his supposedly indestructible stone-like hand which gives him enhanced strength and invunerability. He also displays skilled marksmanship with his revolver, the 'Good Samaritan.'
Black Lightning and Vixen mention it will take everything they have to beat Hellboy.
Hellboy pulls out one of his medallions, engulfing him in an aura along with a flaming crown and flaming horns. He gains one of the following traits based on a button input:
- Broom's Rosary: A patchy, red aura forms around Hellboy, giving him armor until the buff ends.
- Agrippa's Charm: A flaming aura engulfs Hellboy, increasing all damage dealt. The effect lasts about as long as Whittier's Amulet.
- Whittier's Amulet: A red aura forms around Hellboy reducing all damage taken. This buff lasts the longest.
- Mohlomi's Bell: A heavenly aura shines off Hellboy's shoulders, giving him the ability to resurrect when defeated, restoring some health. The amount of health returned is based on how much Super Meter he has when defeated, however, Hellboy may only resurrect when on his second bar of health. This effect lasts the shortest out of all his buffs.
- Grab: Hellboy knocks the opponent in the air with an uppercut, then slices them with a golden sword, knocking them further away.
- Final Resting Place: In Hellboy's super, he punches a hole in the ground with his stone fist, creates a portal to hell, then lunges onto the player, punching him while falling into hell; the player lands and is attacked by demons while Hellboy does an overhead smash with his axe before bringing him and the player back to the battlefield.
|Hell's Hook||[ ■ ]||[ X ]|
|Face Smash||[ ▲ ]||[ Y ]|
|Body Breaker||[ X ]||[ A ]|
|Hell's Hoof||[ ← + ■ ]||[ ← + X ]|
|High Hoof||[ ← + ▲ ]||[ ← + Y ]|
|Doom Strike||[ ← + X ]||[ ← + A ]|
|Swinging Hammer||[ → + ■ ]||[ → + X ]|
|Breaking Bow||[ → + ▲ ]||[ → + Y ]|
|Doom Slam||[ → + X ]||[ → + A ]|
|Straight Strike||[ ↓ + ■ ]||[ ↓ + X ]|
|Rising Doom||[ ↓ + ▲ ]||[ ↓ + Y ]|
|Virtue Sweep||[ ↓ + X ]||[ ↓ + A ]|
|Corpse Punch||[ ↑ + ■ ]||[ ↑ + X ]|
|Heavy Hoof||[ ↑ + ▲ ]||[ ↑ + Y ]|
|Doom Hook||[ ↑ + X ]||[ ↑ + A ]|
|Forward/Reverse Throw||[ ← / → ■ + X ]||[ ← / → X + A ]|
|Back Throw||[ ■ + X ]||[ X + A ]|
|Roll Escape||[ → → R2 ]||[ → → RT ]|
|Up Air Escape||[ ↑ + R2 ]||[ ↑ + RT ]|
|Away Air Escape||[ ← + R2 ]||[ ← + RT ]|
|Blood of Azzael||[■, ■ ]||[ X, X ]|
|A Pack A Day||[■, ■, ← + ▲ ]||[ X, X, ← + Y ]|
|Drinking With Skeletons||[■, ■, ▲ ]||[ X, X, Y ]|
|B.P.R.D.||[ ← + ■, ▲, X ]||[ ← + X, Y, A ]|
|Darkness Calls||[▲, ▲ ]||[ Y, Y ]|
|Harbinger of The Apocalypse||[ ▲, ▲, ↓ + X ]||[ Y, Y, ↓ + A ]|
|Garden of Souls||[ ▲, ▲, ↑ + X ]||[ Y, Y, ↑ + A ]|
|Nature of The Beast||[← + ▲, ▲ ]||[ ← + Y, Y ]|
|Night Train||[← + ▲, ▲, X ]||[ ← + Y, Y, A ]|
|Dark Waters||[ → + ▲, ■ ]||[ → + Y, X ]|
|Spilling Blood||[ → + ■, ▲ ]||[ → + X, Y ]|
|Devil's Revolver||[ ← , → , ■ ]||[ ← , → , X ]|
|Up Devil's Revolver||[ ↓ , ← , ■ ]||[ ↓ , ← , X ]|
|Devil's Shoulder||[ ← , → , ▲ ]||[ ← , → , Y ]|
|Hand of God||[ ↓ , ← , ▲ ]||[ ↓ , ← , Y ]|
|Fist of Doom||[ ↓ , →, X ]||[ ↓ , → , A ]|
|Close Fist of Doom||[ ↓ , → , X , ← ]||[ ↓ , → , A , ← ]|
|Far Fist of Doom||[ ↓ , → , X , → ]||[ ↓ , → , A , → ]|
|Doom Fury||[ ↓ , ← , → , X ]||[ ↓ , ← , → , A ]|
|(Air) Dash Away||[ ← , ← ]||[ ← , ← ]|
|(Air) Dash Forward||[ → , → ]||[ → , → ]|
|Final Resting Place||[ L2 + R2 ]||[ LT + RT ]|
|Broom's Rosary||[ O ]||[ B ]|
|Agrippa's Charm||[ ↓ , → , O ]||[ ↓ , → , B ]|
|Whittier's Amulet||[ ↓ , ← , O ]||[ ↓ , ← , B ]|
|Mohlomi's Bell||[ ↓ , ↓ , O ]||[ ↓ , ↓ , B ]|
Somehow, Brainiac shanghaied me on a slow boat to this universe. Bastard had big dreams about me in his "Collection". Guess what I thought about that idea. Taking Brainiac out certainly got folk's attention. I got a lotta offers to stick around, but I got bored quick. Megalomaniac villains and tights-wearing heroes really aren't my thing. What's it they say? Home is where the heart is? But when I got back, things just weren't the same. The bureau was too small. Was time for me to hit the road. Africa was totally the right call. The wide open spaces suit me. Clean air, starry skies and, not surprisingly, more than a few monsters to hunt. All in all, makes for a pretty good life.
Hellboy's base costume is identical to his design in the comics, he wears a thick trench coat with a grey undershirt, mid-length padded pants and boots that reveals the toes of his hooves.
To the right is Hellboy's base skin, Anung Un Rama. He is wearing his default gear. The remainder of his costumes can be found on his gallery page.
- This is first ever appearance of Hellboy being portrayed by somebody other than Ron Perlman, who has portrayed Hellboy in all live action films, animated series and video games.
- Hellboy's stone hand changes from his left to right depending on his stance, unlike in the comics were it has always been portrayed as his right hand.
- Hellboy is the first guest character to not come from Mortal Kombat. The second being the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Hellboy mentions that Brainiac tried to collect him.
- Hellboy is the tallest character in-game, towering most of the character in the game roster (Almost reaching the same height as Braniac and Darkseid).
- Hellboy's ending in Injustice 2 is the only ending shown in Mignola comic book art style by the creator of Hellboy, Mike Mignola.
- Hellboy is the third guest character to appear in Injustice 2 and the fourth guest character overall. The first was Scorpion from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Hellboy's shaders are all unable to be purchased with Source Crystals, instead serving as random drops. This may be the result of the deal used to license the character to Warner Bros., which may contain a clause specifying that NetherRealm may only profit off of the sale of the DLC itself.
- Hellboy once had a crossover featuring Batman and the Jack Knight Starman titled Batman/Hellboy/Starman back in 1999.
- Enchantress is the only character who know Hellboy's real name.
|Injustice: Gods Among Us||Aquaman • Ares • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Catwoman • Cyborg • Deathstroke • Doomsday • Flash • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Hawkgirl • Joker • Killer Frost • Lex Luthor • Nightwing • Raven • Shazam • Sinestro • Solomon Grundy • Superman • Wonder Woman|
|DLC Characters||Batgirl • Lobo • Martian Manhunter • Scorpion • Zatanna • Zod|
|Injustice 2||Aquaman • Atrocitus • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Black Canary • Blue Beetle • Brainiac • Captain Cold • Catwoman • Cheetah • Cyborg • Deadshot • Doctor Fate • Flash • Firestorm • Gorilla Grodd • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Joker • Poison Ivy • Robin • Scarecrow • Supergirl • Superman • Swamp Thing • Wonder Woman|
|DLC/Preorder Characters||Atom • Black Manta • Darkseid • Enchantress • Hellboy • Raiden • Red Hood • Starfire • Sub-Zero • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|