This is the article for John Stewart, you may be looking for Hal Jordan.
He is also a skin for Green Lantern. He is classified as a Power User, using his power ring to create any object he imagines into solid green light. He is the compability skin for Martian Manhunter.
He is a prominent character in the Year Two comic series.
A former Marine and architect, John Stewart was originally chosen by the Guardians to be backup for Hal Jordan. Since then, John has become a heralded member of the Corps.
Injustice: Gods Among Us
John Stewart appears during Hal Jordan's victory pose, with other Lanterns from the Corps. If John is a playable Green Lantern, he will be the one who appeared in front of the Lanterns, including Hal Jordan.
For Injustice 2: Ultimate Edition, John Stewart has been confirmed as a character skin. From his dialogue with other characters we learn that he managed to survive Sinestro's betrayal and now fights against the Regime.
Powers and Abilities
- Oa's Rocket: Green Lantern fires a green construct shaped missile at his opponent. Can be fired from the air. The Meter Burn version causes the missile to explode on contact.
- Rocket Power: Green Lantern fires two missile constructs from above his head at his opponent. The Meter Burn version fires a third missile after the first two connect.
- Lantern's Might: Green Lantern captures his opponent in a beam from his ring and tosses them over his shoulder. The Meter Burn version has Green Lantern toss them a second time.
- Minigun: Green Lantern summons a minigun construct and opens fire on his enemy. The Meter Burn version increases the amount of bullets fired and damage done.
- Turbine Smash: Green Lantern summons a large turbine construct and rams it into his opponent. Can be done in the air. The Meter Burn version has the turbine go farther and increases damage.
Green Lantern's Light: Green Lantern's Light bathes John Stewart in green energy which increases John's overall damage and amplifies the power of many of his Special Moves.
- Grab: Green Lantern grabs his opponent while summoning a brick wall construct behind him and throws them into it before kicking them through it.
- Beware My Power: Green Lantern teleports the player/opponent to the Green Lantern homeworld of Oa before the Guardians of the Universe. First, he proceeds to smash the player/opponent with a hammer, He then proceeds to crash two touring coach buses into the opponent/player, then fires a swarm of jets and missiles into the opponent/player before teleporting him/her back to the stage.
- Ring Cross - [ L ]
- Push Kick - [ M ]
- Hurricane Kick - [ H ]
- Feet Slide - [ ← + L ]
- Sweeping Uppercut - [ ← + M ]
- High Tension - [ ← + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ ← ← + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Forward Punch - [ → + M ]
- Standing Flipkick - [ → + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ → → + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Low Ring Jab - [ ↓ + L ]
- Rising Cut - [ ↓ + M ]
- Low Cross - [ ↓ + H ]
- Lowering Dropkick - [ L ]
- Downward Overhand - [ M ]
- Cyclone Kick - [ H ]
- Forward / Reverse Throw - [ ← / → L + H ]
- Triple Barrage - [ L , M ]
- Volley Smash - [ L , M , H ]
- Justice Is Served - [ ← + L , M ]
- Parallel Nature - [ ← + L , H ]
- Warp Power - [ M , M ]
- Hyperbolic - [ M , M , H ]
- Grand Slam - [ M , M , H , L ]
- True Might - [ → + M , ↓ + L ]
- Guardian - [ → + M , ↓ + L , H ]
- Lantern Corps - [ ← + M , H ]
- Brightest Day - [ ← + M , H , H ]
- Oa's Rocket - [ ← , → , L ] ( Ground and Air )
- Rocket Power - [ ↓ , ← , M ]
- Close Rocket Power - [ ↓ , ← , M , ← ]
- Far Rocket Power - [ ↓ , ← , M , → ]
- Lantern's Might - [ ↓ , ← , L ]
- Minigun - [ ← , → , M ]
- Turbine Smash - [ ← , → , H ] ( Ground and Air )
John Stewart wears his variant of the Green Lantern uniform, with a bodysuit of green and black, the green areas predominately around his upper shoulders and lower legs, while the black segments make up his lower torso and thighs as well as his upper arms. He wears green armguards and displays the insignia of the Green Lantern Corps on his chest, with his ring on his right hand.
- Green Lantern (John Stewart) is voiced by Phil LaMarr, the actor that voiced the character in the DCAU shows Justice League, Static Shock and Justice League Unlimited.
- John Stewart appears as an in-game concept art for Green Lantern, possibly hinting that he was at one point considered to be the main Green Lantern in the game before Hal Jordan. Ultimately, John becomes an alternate skin for Hal just as Damian Wayne with Dick Grayson.
- John Stewart's Green Lantern costume was revealed alongside Martian Manhunter during EVO.
- Occasionally, during/after a combo, when John said the line "Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!", it was Hal Jordan's voice clips instead of Stewart's though. This was fixed in the most recent patch.
- You can still see Stewart in the background during his outro.
|Injustice: Gods Among Us||Aquaman • Ares • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Catwoman • Cyborg • Deathstroke • Doomsday • Flash • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Hawkgirl • Joker • Killer Frost • Lex Luthor • Nightwing • Raven • Shazam • Sinestro • Solomon Grundy • Superman • Wonder Woman|
|DLC Characters||Batgirl • Lobo • Martian Manhunter • Scorpion • Zatanna • Zod|
|Injustice 2||Aquaman • Atrocitus • Bane • Batman • Black Adam • Black Canary • Blue Beetle • Brainiac • Captain Cold • Catwoman • Cheetah • Cyborg • Darkseid • Deadshot • Doctor Fate • Flash • Firestorm • Gorilla Grodd • Green Arrow • Green Lantern • Harley Quinn • Joker • Poison Ivy • Robin • Scarecrow • Supergirl • Superman • Swamp Thing • Wonder Woman|
|DLC/Preorder Characters||Darkseid • Red Hood • Starfire • Sub-Zero|